We are recruiting for an experienced Data Protection Consultant to join our rapidly growing and forward-thinking team. We offer a dynamic environment for insightful, collaborative and innovative professionals.
This is a UK-based role in the West Midlands.
Successful candidates will be compliance driven, able to analyse complex legal and commercial issues and be able to provide effective and straightforward privacy advice. You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills and have an ability to encourage, influence and support positive change within an organisation. You will be a self-motivated person and team player with the ability to manage the demands of a portfolio of clients and are therefore able to prioritise tasks to manage deadlines, navigate conflicting demands and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
We are looking for Data Protection Consultants/Officers who value attention to detail, deliver high quality work within agreed timescales and provide an innovative approach to tackle emerging risks and opportunities.
- Fulfil the tasks of the designated role of DPO as defined by the GDPR
- Provide consultancy support to our clients by advising on a wide range of data protection and privacy issues
- Support clients in implementing data protection at an operational level, through policies and processes
- Inform and advise clients of their obligations
- Perform DPIAs, LIAs, TIAs and third-party risk assessments
- Reviewing and updating relevant agreements (e.g. data sharing agreements, controller-processor contracts)
- Create and implement strategies to ensure compliance with data protection laws
- Support the client in responding to individuals’ rights requests
- Advise and assist with ICO and other regulatory investigations
- Create, facilitate and deliver training and awareness workshops
- Keep up to date with changes in data protection law and regulations.
Education and Experience
- Proven working experience as a Data Protection Officer
- Have practical experience of understanding and implementing the provisions of current data protection legislation (the EU/UK GDPR, PECR etc)
- Data protection qualification would be desirable
- Ideally, a degree or high-level qualification would be desirable
- Experience across a range of industry sectors
Skills and Qualities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain a high degree of trust and confidentiality
- Capable of proactively dealing with complex issues using advanced problem-solving skills
- Pragmatic, innovative and forward-thinking
- Project management skills are desirable.
- We want to build a culturally diverse workforce and are committed to equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their race, gender or background.
Fixed Term Contract – 6 months
Apply for this position
Please email email@example.com and include your CV.